FlowBoot™ Performance Horse Boots
The FlowBoot™ Performance Horse Boot is ergonomically designed to fit perfectly with no gaps or bulges. This new anatomical design has replaced the original “grey” FlowBoot™. Heat dissipating open cell foam conforms to any lower leg anomaly (splint or old bow) allowing for a custom fit on every horse. This new boot is sleeker, lighter weight, and easier to put on while still offering the superior protection and blood flow FlowBoot™ is known for! Use with breathable outer-wrap or waterproof outer-wrap to create a custom fit performance boot for your horse.
How to Use:
1. Apply FlowBoot™ Performance Boot to the horse’s lower leg.
2. Apply the wrap as you would a polo wrap. Starting in the middle of the cannon bone, securely apply the wrap around the boot, wrapping down to the fetlock joint with a 45 degree layer that cups the ankle and wrapping back up the leg to secure the boot with additional support. Fasten wrap with hook and loop strip.
1. Extra cushion and support to dissipate direct pressure on the superficial digital flexor tendon
2. Supports and protects the ligaments of the proximal sesamoid bones to reduce load and hyperextension
4. 45 degree angle allows for proper application of the reinforcing waterproof or breathable outer wrap
The FlowBoot™ Test:
Researches Professor Lars Roepstorff (Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden) and Dr. David Marin (David Marlin Consulting Ltd, Suffolk, UK) tested the FlowBoot™ in the study, “Locomotion Analysis of Horses Wearing FlowBoots™ and found that horses tend to bear more weight on the limbs equipped with a FlowBoot™, compared to the limbs that were not protected. When the FlowBoots™ are on both forelimbs, there is no indication that they restrict gait in any way. This is excellent as most boots cause changes in gait due to weight or restriction of joint range of motion or both. They speculate that the degree of comfort in wearing FlowBoot™ allows horses to bear more weigh on the limb and move easier.
FlowBoot™ Performance Boot is designed for a “one size fits most” and are sold in a set of (2) boots. Outer wraps are sold separately. The hind boots may be used on the front legs as well for taller horses